Actually, Psychologist Richard Castillo published a report about 6 of his
patients who were reporting what sounds just like CC, but were feeling confused
about their status.

They were all TMers. The average time they'd been meditating was about 11
years. One of the patients had only been doing TM for about 18 months when he
started to have "permanent depersonalization" without any negative complaints
other than confusion about why he was different than everyone else.

So, 1.5-20 years, isn't that different from 5-8 years.

If you took a rough estimate as a hard figure, well, that's your problem.