I don't believe using whale sounds will attract the aliens to respond to the
SETI signals.  However, the use of "quantum information" which are teleported
instantaneously to the universe has a better chance of getting a response since
it's not limited by the speed of light.

IMO, if the aliens are trying to communicate with humans they would send their
messages to be directly perceived by the human brain.  This will be done
telepathically and instantaneously over the vast distance of the entire
universe.  I believe there are already mediums or channelers who claim have
messages from certain sectors of the Milky Way Galaxy, like the Pleiades.