noozguru, I think I remember when all that happened with the tracking of the
post amounts, many thanks. My theory is if I even read about such, slowly but
surely the knowledge will seep into my brain. Like I read the posts about touch
typewriters and tech writing even though I don't know a lot of the terms, etc.
Maybe it initially awakens certain portions of the brain, something like that.
One hopes.

I like how you used the word unsustainable with relation to US standard of
living. It'll be interesting to see how it moderates. Are you familiar with
stories of people choosing to live simply? Or in really small abodes? Something
to offset all that imbalance. And I'm guilty of it too. When I look around at
how much stuff I've accumulated, I'm horrified. And I'm only one person!

As for the American Dream, I'm glad that 51% of people have woken up from it.
Now hopefully people can wake up from other myths, such as US productivity!

I'd love to know what the jyotish was yesterday afternoon: I got a call
allegedly from *Windows Tech Maintenance Department.* He wanted me to press
Windows flag key along with r key. That made me nervous. I told the poor fellow
that I had identity theft last year so am very cautious. In a very Asian accent
he told me his name is Kevin Smith and I couldn't help but laugh. I finally got
him laughing too, hopefully at the absurdity of the situation. He shared his
real name, Samir. Anyway, I had to go to Dome so we rescheduled without doing
anything. Someone recommended googling his phone number so I did and voila!
SCAM!

Funny old world if you ask me!