Thank you Jim.
A couple things come to mind. (as I am here at work, getting things in
order so that I can go on vacation tomorrow with a somewhat unfettered
mind)
I am not sure if I have as much invested in this site as Judy.  On the
other hand, I do tend to trust my judgments, which many times are snap
judgements.
And it may be that when I take the time, to look more closely at
something, (as I did recently at Judy's prodding), such as whether Robin
was being truthful when he said he didn't strike someone, (and the
context), then it may be that I modify my position some.
But in that exact example a lot of effort was expended for a pretty
small adjustment.
I think the main complaint I hear about me is that I am too emotional in
my judgments.
Perhaps I am.
On the other hand, it is always nice to have the real world to help you
keep score on things.
I will read over what you've written and see if anything else comes to
mind.
But I just don't know if I can come around to seeing Judy in a different
light, than what I do.
I'll try to keep an open mind.
Thanks for your feedback.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, doctordumbass@...  wrote:

> Hey Steve, I've been following this back and forth, for awhile. In
terms of how you like to interact here, which I think mirrors your daily
life and work, congenial, comes to mind. You and I could probably go to
lunch and not mention TM, or any of the FFL topics, and still have
plenty to yak about, and have a good time. I enjoy not always winding
everything out, too.

> On the other hand, it was my business and skill for many years, to
ensure clarity and understanding regarding the design, development, and
transfer of very technical knowledge, to engineers and technicians, so
that satellites, lasers, large phone switches, and data centers, for
example, didn't fuck up. As a result, I can determine, when I want to
put the effort into it, now that I don't *have* to, whether or not
someone is being illogical, exaggerating, skewing material, has a hidden
agenda, etc. Over so many years of analysis, it becomes obvious.

> Judy has a very consistent approach here. She is intent on unraveling
the writing of those who are professing to say one thing, and in fact,
through the mechanisms I referred to earlier, are saying something quite
different. Further, if someone is simply expressing something, is there
integrity in the expression?

> We do not have the luxury here to evaluate someone's body language and
expressions here. It is all expressed through writing. So, the
interactions between us are sometimes less than congenial, because there
is no other way to further the thoughts expressed, sometimes, than to
take exception. In everyday interaction, a raised eyebrow, or quick joke
may suffice to move a conversation along, but here, with writing as the
only tool, everything must be spelled out.