 From: seventhray27 <steve.sun...@yahoo.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, July 13, 2013 11:20 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Four for Share

Hi Share,
We really only splurged one night.  Wife had some kind of fancy chicken breast,
son had a grilled flat iron steak, daughter had seafood pasta, and I had a
caesar salad and grilled artichoke.  Caesar salad was magnificent with the
sliced anchovies.  The taste I had of everyone elses dish was very good.
We had Mexican one night, bbq tonight, and the rest of the time was eating at
the condo or pizza type dinners.
Activities were fun, but we didn't get to do the camping overnight.  The
conditioning wasn't really there for an 8-1/2 mile hike, and it turned out that
I had to stay close to e-mail for much of each morning.
But we did take a nice bike ride, (mostly all downhill) from Snowmass to Aspen,
and then another day from Snowmass to Aspen via the Rio Grande Trail.  About
halfway through the Rio Grande Trail, tired and parched, we stopped at a path
side water fall where we removed our shoes and waded in the the little spash
pond and refreshed ourselves.
Then yesterday was tubing on the Colorado River.  Fun also, but I couldn't find
a good way to stay on the tube and kept falling off.  I lost the tube a one
point and had to walk a ways.  Little frustrating, but overall fun.  Hi-light
there was at the end, near Glenwood Springs, where Gaia had hot water mineral
spring that went right into the river and they had built a rock pool around it
where the rafters and tubers could stop and enjoy.
Also, took one long day hike, which was strenuous but fun.  It was that hike
that made me realize I couldn't really bite off 8-1/2 miles. (along with the
business stuff)
Today did some fishing and caught fish after fish at a stocked  pond, but had
no luck later at the fast running stream.
That's it in a nutshell.  Have to try to find some presents on the way home
tomorrow for the employees who did a stand up job while I was gone.