 From: Ann <awoelfleba...@yahoo.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, July 14, 2013 4:43 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: The George Zimmerman case: Steyn nails it.

--- In mailto:FairfieldLife%40yahoogroups.com, "Seraphita" <s3raphita@...>
wrote:

> Re "Anyone with a gun who shoots an unarmed man in a public place has
> committed a crime." : not if he is convinced his own life is in danger.
> Like it or not that's what the law says in Florida.
> And even if the law didn't say that I'd shoot someone regardless if I
> thought he was going to assault me unprovoked and I had a gun handy.

That is the crux right there, a very good reason why guns have no business in
the hands of any member of the public. The threat of a broken jaw, a few
stitches is not worth taking the life of another for. Level playing fields are
not created by putting guns in the hands of those scared enough or angry enough
to use them against others without a gun. Violence happens, people get
threatened, injured, killed all the time. Add guns into the mix and you
exponentially increase the bloodletting. No one will ever be able to convince
me that guns are a right I should exercise or fight for. I didn't want to get
into this topic but I guess I have now.