Michael, I don't discount the idea that there could be prejudice - I'm a
long way from Florida and have only spent a couple of weeks there on
vacation so I can't pronounce on the locals' attitudes towards race -
but wouldn't you want hard evidence to convict someone on a murder rap
and send them to Death Row or life imprisonment? The prosecution didn't
have anything much beyond the guesswork we're all engaging in here on
FFL.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Michael Jackson  wrote:

> wrong again - you discount the idea that the local law enforcement
didn't give a shit about Martin because of his color - my step father
was a cop in a small Southern town in SC and I know from him the level
of prejudice that existed and still exists today in many Southern towns
- it happens, don't doubt that.