I saw nothing in the NYT piece that conflicted with the testimony in the trial. 
If you are concerned about who was on top, Trayvon punched Zimmerman in the 
nose and Zimmerman fell back. Trayvon straddled him punching and slamming 
Zimmerman's head against the side walk. Zimmerman screamed for help, a male 
witness saw it and called 911 but would not come help Zimmerman. Zimmerman 
shoots Martin and then gets him off top and then Zimmerman pins Trayvon down to 
make sure Trayvon didn't have a weapon. This is what the women witnessed. <The 
evidence shows Zimmerman was getting an ass-whooping, why would Trayvon scream 
for help? The only injury to Trayvon, other then the one fatal gunshot wound, 
were bruised knuckles from pounding Zimmerman's head, face and body. Of course 
Martin's mother is going to say that's her baby crying for help, Zimmerman's 
mom said the same. But Martin's father and brother couldn't confirm it was 
Trayvon when they were first
 interviewed by police, They even said they didn't think it was him, but later 
changed their stories. If Zimmerman lied about anything, the evidence supported 
his lies. I'm sorry, I just don't know how that happens. The evidence in the 
whole trial completely supported everything Zimmerman said. This is what the 
detectives said and what the jurors said. The state of Florida didn't have a 
case. The state had the burden to prove their case, they couldn't, all they had 
was speculation of what could have happened. The Defense didn't have to prove a 
damned thing, yet they went the extra mile to prove Zimmerman's innocence.< I 
know this is frustrating to African/Americans because this was supposed to open 
the dialog about race in America, so was the case in which Louis Gates was 
arrested in his own house but the evidence doesn't support the narrative that 
it was supposed to, neither did Tawana Brawley nor the Duke La Cross case. <As 
far as Trayvon Martin being
 homophobic, that's what Rachel Jeanel said. If that's the case, that is a 
conflict of interests. How to do you support a punk out to beat up a guy he 
thinks is gay and stalking or *cruising* him and then gets his ass shot in self 
defense by the guy who turns out to be straight? Shakespeare couldn't write 
something this crazy.

 

________________________________
 From: raunchydog <raunchy...@yahoo.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com 
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2013 5:56 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Trayvon Martin was a Homophobic bigot
  
   
 


--- In mailto:FairfieldLife%40yahoogroups.com, Mike Dixon <mdixon.6569@...> 
wrote:
>
> The "Matthew Shepard treatment" refers to getting the snot beat of you 
> because your *gay*, by a bigot ,nothing more ,nothing less and that *appears* 
> to be what Martin was up to, according to his friend that he was on the phone 
> with at the time, and testified  to on behalf of the prosecution and said on 
> Pierce Morgan's CNN program. The problem is, what part of Trayvon's behavior 
> is defensible? The part that thought he was beating up a gay man stalking him 
> or the part that thought he was beating up a white man that was *profiling* 
> him. Empathy for a tragic loss of life is one thing but ignoring the facts is 
> quite another and there was absolutely no justification for Trayvon's attack 
> on Zimmerman. By the way, had you watched Anderson Cooper's interview with 
> one of the jurors just before Pierce Morgan's program, you would have learned 
> that one reason Zimmerman was suspicious of Trayvon was not simply because 
> Trayvon was black,walking slowly in the rain,
>  wearing a hoodie but that he was cutting through yards, close to houses and 
> looking in windows as he walked by. This would be suspicious activity to 
> anybody, epically if there had been as many burglaries as had been reported 
> in that neighborhood.   
> 

Matthew Shepard was profiled and murdered by homophobes because he was gay. 
There the notion that Trayvon was a homophobe profiling Zimmerman because he 
thought he was gay is ridiculous.  Bottom line, Zimmerman profiled and followed 
Trayvon because he was black. If Zimmerman hadn't followed Trayvon and didn't 
have a gun, Trayvon Martin wouldn't be dead. 

Don't be so sure you know what happened, Mike. Especially if you choose to 
believe everything Zimmerman says. Obviously he has good reason to lie. There 
are conflicting stories from witnesses that call Zimmerman's account of into 
question. We are not even certain who was screaming on the phone. 
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2012/04/02/us/the-events-leading-to-the-shooting-of-trayvon-martin.html?_r=0

> ________________________________
>  From: Emily Reyn <emilymae.reyn@...>
> To: "mailto:FairfieldLife%40yahoogroups.com"; 
> <mailto:FairfieldLife%40yahoogroups.com> 
> Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2013 1:14 PM
> Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: Trayvon Martin was a Homophobic bigot
> 
>   
> 
> Duh....I know why he was targeted.  My point was that your stating that 
> "Trayvon intended to give Zimmerman the Mathew Shepherd treatment" was 
> completely ridiculous - case in point - I posted the treatment Mr. Shepard 
> got and called you out on using such a ridiculous analogy.  One that seemed 
> to me to stem from complete ignorance.  That's all.  All that other stuff 
> you say is gibberish.   
> 
> 
> ________________________________
>  From: Mike Dixon <mdixon.6569@...>
> To: "mailto:FairfieldLife%40yahoogroups.com"; 
> <mailto:FairfieldLife%40yahoogroups.com> 
> Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2013 12:45 PM
> Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: Trayvon Martin was a Homophobic bigot
> 
>   
> ROFLMAO! Doesn't take long! Why is it that liberals almost always resort to 
> calling people that they disagree with a racist, bigot, homophobe? The 
> Democrat's Holy Trinity! Your article fails to mention that the reason 
> "Matthew Shepard" was targeted by these guys was because he was gay. Must not 
> have been an important part of the equation for you. Maybe that wouldn't be 
> an important part either, if it were the case with why Martin attacked 
> Zimmerman. I guess being a black teen cancels out homophobia and being 
> white-Hispanic cancels out being Hispanic. What we have here is a conflict of 
> interests. Who gets the most empathy?
> 
> 
> ________________________________
>  From: Emily Reyn <emilymae.reyn@...>
> To: "mailto:FairfieldLife%40yahoogroups.com"; 
> <mailto:FairfieldLife%40yahoogroups.com> 
> Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 6:41 PM
> Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: Trayvon Martin was a Homophobic bigot
> 
>   
> Yep, I like this.  Common sense.  
> 
> Mike, you done gone off the deep end on this and you misspelled his name.  
> "Matthew Shepard" was his name.  You sound both racist and homophobic 
> yourself.     
> 
> On the night of October 6â€"7, 1998, Shepard met Aaron McKinney and Russell 
> Henderson for the first time at the Fireside Lounge in Laramie, 
> Wyoming.[7][8] It was decided that McKinney and Henderson would give Shepard 
> a ride home.[9] McKinney and Henderson subsequently drove the car to a 
> remote, rural area and proceeded to rob, pistol-whip, and torture Shepard, 
> tying him to a fence and leaving him to die. According to their court 
> testimony, McKinney and Henderson also discovered his address and intended to 
> steal from his home. Still tied to the fence, Shepard, who was still alive 
> but in a coma, was discovered 18 hours later by Aaron Kreifels, a cyclist who 
> initially mistook Shepard for a scarecrow.[10] 
> Shepard had suffered fractures to the back of his head and in front of his 
> right ear. He experienced severe brainstem damage, which affected his body's 
> ability to regulate heart rate, body temperature, and other vital functions. 
> There were also about a dozen small lacerations around his head, face, and 
> neck. His injuries were deemed too severe for doctors to operate. Shepard 
> never regained consciousness and remained on full life support. While he lay 
> in intensive care, candlelight vigils were held by the people of Laramie.[11]
> 
> 
> 
> ________________________________
>  From: Duveyoung <mailto:no_reply%40yahoogroups.com>
> To: mailto:FairfieldLife%40yahoogroups.com 
> Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 4:26 PM
> Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Trayvon Martin was a Homophobic bigot
> 
>   
> Cenk nails this issue. 
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtcveaMUJSI&list=SPTpcK80irdQidhuTjXxQZNThuoGPeWjT0&feature=player_detailpage
>  --- In mailto:FairfieldLife%40yahoogroups.com, Mike Dixon <mdixon.6569@> 
> wrote: 
> > 
> > Looks like a new version of the Trayvon/Zimmerman encounter is developing, 
> > see Drudge Report. Seems that on the Pierce Morgan Show last night that 
> > Rachel Jeantel reported that race had nothing to do with the encounter . 
> > She said that she and Trayvon thought Zimmerman might be a *rapist*, a 
> > homosexual rapist at that and that's why Trayvon was Creeped-out by 
> > Zimmerman following him. He didn't want Zimmerman following him to his home 
> > because his little brother was there and might... It's looking more like 
> > Trayvon intended to give Zimmerman the Mathew Shepherd treatment. Martin 
> > intended to beat the snot out of the *fagot* that was stalking him. 
> > Zimmerman took a pounding for 45 seconds and then fired in self defense. 
> > In short, Trayvon's homophobia killed him. 
> >
>

   
         

Reply via email to