I've always resented rules. Rules are OK for children but adults should
follow their own whims. There's a godawful heat wave here in the UK
(those of you within spitting distance of Death Valley are allowed to
sneer at this point) and the temperatures mean I can't sleep at night!
(Air-conditioning is unheard of in London.) Might as well pester you
Yanks - if I have to suffer then you buggers are going to have to suffer
also. It's 2am as I type. Bet you're only just back from the office.
Funny you say I love to talk - everyone I know regards me as
pathologically taciturn!

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Ravi Chivukula  wrote:

> God Seraphita - I know you love to talk and we love listening to you
but
> there's a 50 post limit on FFL here. Goddamn what the fuck is wrong
with
> you Brits - can't you fucking follow rules?
>

> On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 5:37 PM, Seraphita s3raphita@... wrote:
>
> > **
> >

> > The extent of political corruption in Detroit is jaw-dropping. And
Jesus
> > do I loathe corrupt politicians! Why don't the police ever arrest
these
> > slimeballs? Even here in the UK the news of the Detroit bankruptcy
was
> > widely reported. (I can't recall a single UK county ever being
declared
> > bankrupt  - don't think it's even a possible option). But I'm
curious: what
> > happens now? If Detroit is declared bankrupt does that mean all
their debts
> > are simply wiped out - tough shit on any creditors - and they walk
away
> > with a grin. What's the downside in situations this? There must be a
> > downside or everyone would go for the option.
> >

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "John" wrote:
> > >
> > > This is probably unavoidable given the problems that the city has
had
> > for many years. On the other hand, home prices over there are
probably
> > really cheap as compared to the rest of the country, if anyone is
willing
> > to invest.

http://news.yahoo.com/detroit-files-for-bankruptcy-protection-202227106.\
html