Yes, I read that....concentrated power and money and corruption go hand in hand
in almost all cases, if not inevitably in all. I wonder if his voice was
mesmerizing?  Smile.

________________________________
 From: John <jr_...@yahoo.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2013 2:31 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Buddhist Monk on the Lam

Emily,

This happens in all religious denominations, unfortunately.  In Rome, the
Italian police recently caught a so-called monsignor for smuggling money for
the Vatican or his "friends", perhaps aka the Mafia or Cosa Nostra.  They also
found he had a lavish apartment in Sicily which contained works of art valued
in the millions of euros.

The case is still being investigated and we don't know all of the details to
date.