There is no guarantee that anybody gains freedom, or enlightenment, from
anything they do. However, a purification of consciousness needs to take place,
to at least entertain the possibility. It is not a matter of enlightenment
having been here all along. Rather, it is culturing the ability, within
ourselves, to recognize it, and become it.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Xenophaneros Anartaxius"