 From: turquoiseb <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, July 21, 2013 1:37 AM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Come to Fairfield Life, have an NBE experience

Yesterday I was busy...uh...having a life, so I didn't bother to read
FFL at all. Instead I spent the day having fun with my family, and
having even more fun walking around and noticing how beautiful and
wonderful and ever-interesting in its ever-changeability life is.

This morning, waiting for a little girl to come downstairs for her
Morning Mayamovies session with Uncle Barry, I played "catch up" a
little, and clicked through all of the posts made so far this new
"posting week." There were few surprises, and fewer comments made that I
felt any need to reply to.

It was pretty much Business As Usual. The Frightened Four carried on as
usual, mainly "talking amongst themselves" because no one else seems
willing to interact with them, making a total of 30 posts between them
ragging on the same people they always rag on. To their credit, and
unusual for them, as a clique or a "gang" they also made a total of 18
posts about some NON-ragging-on-another-person topic. Good for them.

But the bottom line for me was that out of 88 posts there were only two
statements made that seemed to me worth commenting on. So I will.

First was Nabby's mindbender on the topic of Where Is Maharishi Now That
He's...Uh...Dead And All. Disputing the idea that he's perched on some
cloud in Brahmaloka, aware of everything that's going on down here in
the world he left behind, Nabby said, "I was there when he said 'I will
never come back to this horrible place again.'"

Now THAT is worth commenting on, because IMO it encapuslates and
explains pretty much everything that is wrong with Maharishi's
teachings, and what they have produced over the decades in his students.
Just THINK about the implications of this statement, if in fact he made
it. It would mean that Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, during his life, looked
around at the world around him and thought it was "horrible."

The *same* person who at other times tried to write flowery language
about "God Consciousness," and seeing God in everything, believed that
WHAT he saw there was "horrible." When describing UC, he described a
theoretical state of consciousness in which everything he saw around him
was his self. Or Self, if you prefer...but the bottom line is that
everything he saw was nothing more than an aspect of his own subjective
awareness. And he seems to have thought THAT was "horrible," too,
because presumably (for those who believe he was in UC), THAT is what he
saw when he looked at the world.

Is it any WONDER that so many long-term TM TBs have glommed onto a
belief system in which the "highest goal" they can imagine is to become
enlightened *so that they don't have to reincarnate and come back to
this 'horrible' place ever again*? They want to dissolve into an ocean
of me-ness, and live in subjective bliss for eternity, no longer
distracted from that subjective me-ness by any bothersome other sentient
beings or objects around them. Because, after all, they're all
"horrible." Presumably, only self/Self is NOT "horrible."

The other statement that I found worth commenting on was from Dan
Friedman, who dropped in to FFL after a long absence, made three posts
that no one found interesting enough to even comment on, and perceived
that as some kind of "victory," saying, "Let the Official Fairfield Life
Akoshic Record show that danfriedman2002 had 3 Posts which everyone
agreed with. That is a first and a World Record Winner."

In other words, Dan had an NBE experience. Nothing But Ego.

No one *disagreed* with him, or even seemed to notice his existence, so
he declares that a kind of "victory," of World Record status, no less.
How sad.

Even having a *goal* of getting other people to agree with you is
Nothing But Ego. That's how the Frightened Four think, and why they
spend so much time trying to start arguments they can "win" in their
minds, or spend so much time ragging on those who *don't* agree with
them.

But on another level, isn't this 'tude revealing of the "the only
important thing in life is my own subjective awareness" that Maharishi's
"this place is 'horrible'" statement reveals?

The bottom line as *my* subjective awareness perceives it is that there
seems to be One Serious Shitload Of Ego going down here on FFL, among
people who profess to be "spiritual," and who in some cases have been
practicing their "spiritual path" for 40 or more years.

All that time, all that meditation, and the things they seem to *live
for* are to either get people to agree with their petty egos' opinions,
or put them down and rag on them for not agreeing.

If THAT is the legacy of Maharishi's teaching, *no wonder* he thought
the world was "horrible."