> > > The idiots who created Win8 drives me nuts. Such
> > > a friggin arrogant bunch should be driven out of
> > > business. Where are the Japanese when we need
> > > them ?
> > >
> > It's not complicated - just turn on the Metro view
> > and tap on Start? LoL!

nablusoss:
> I already told you I will never touch a screen used
> for editing.

So, you bought a new laptop for editing with Win 8 but
it's not a touch screen model? Go figure.

> I now have a new, superior, very powerful, ultrafast
> and small laptop perfect for travelling made in Asia
> with an inferior operating system that doesn't even
> have a start menu, made in the USA.

Did you try the free app I told you about?

I guess you've lost me - I was going to use the Surface
as a mobile controller for my home entertainment
system, not for an editing workstation, although it could
be used for that.

I'm using an HDMI cable to connect a computer to the
TV set, just like Alex described using his MacBook. When
you're laying on the couch it's kind of hard to use a
mouse.  LoL!

> And if you ask it to come with XP or WIN7 they will
> laugh in your face. This is capitalism in a nutshell;
> instead of providing you with the promised "choice"
> they force you to buy their newest products whether
> you want it or not.

Win 8 is just like Win 7 - are you thinking it is a new
OS? The last time I checked, the Apple McIntosh
OS doesn't have a 'Start' button. How do they do it?
  <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mac_OS>

Mac OS: