Narcissism is the new co-dependence (-:

________________________________
 From: turquoiseb <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2013 1:03 AM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Are you an FFL Narcissist?

If you feel ripped off by Maharishi co-opting the term "ME," you just might be.
Fun article from "Details" on narcissism. Before you take the test and decide
that you're one of the "good" narcissists, remember that the key to "successful
narcissism" is...uh...success. If you feel like Beyoncé that "I'm more powerful
than my mind can even digest and understand," but you haven't really ever DONE
anything with your life other than sit in a dark room posting paeans to your
own awesomeness to a backwater Internet forum that almost no one reads, you
might be more of an ordinary, garden-variety narcissist.

http://www.details.com/culture-trends/career-and-money/201308/pros-and-cons-of-narcissism-for-career

Here's my version of the test in the article, with another category added to
encompass traits we see often on Fairfield Life:

Measure Your Ego
There are seven traits of narcissism, and the Narcissistic Personality
Inventory test (adapted below) measures all of them. Decide which
statements most accurately define you, then check your ego using the
key.
1. AUTHORITY
A. I have a natural talent for influencing people.
B. I am not good at influencing people.
C. I am *excellent* at influencing people, even though I've been trying to
influence a few of them for over a decade now, with little or no effect. It's
not me..it's them. They're just too STOOPID to admit my influence over them.

2. SELF-SUFFICIENCY
A. I rarely depend on anyone else.
B. I sometimes depend on other people to get things done.
C. I am so self-sufficient that I no longer have to do anything to "get" the
people I don't like; my many toadies and minions do it for me.

3. SUPERIORITY
A. I think I am a special person.
B. I am no better or worse than most people.
C. I am insulted to even be *compared* to "most people."

4. EXHIBITIONISM
A. I would do almost anything on a dare.
B. I tend to be a fairly cautious person.
C. "Doing" things is for people who are not as "special" as I am; I merely
*say* that I do such-and-such, and expect others to believe me.

5. EXPLOITATIVENESS
A. I can usually talk my way out of anything.
B. I try to accept the consequences of my behavior.
C. "Accepting consequences" is for peons; they answer to ME, not vice-versa.

6. VANITY
A. I don't particularly like to show off my body.
B. I like to show off my body.
C. I am so evolved I don't even *have* a body; I am just a bunch of pixels in
cyberspace, but I'm awesome anyway.

7. ENTITLEMENT
A. The thought of ruling the world frightens the hell out of me.
B. If I ruled the world, it would be a better place.
C. I *already* rule the world, but it's still fucked up because all of the
people I rule are such fuckups.

Key
If you chose "A" on 1, 2, or 3, you score high on the positive
narcissism traits of authority, self-sufficiency, and superiority. If
you chose "A" on 4 or 5, or "B" on 6 or 7, you score high on vanity,
exhibitionism, exploitativeness, and entitlement (unhealthy
characteristics that are tied to early death). If you consistently chose "C,"
you post on Fairfield Life.