> No, my subject line is not the name of a horror movie that
> only bhairitu could like. :-) It's a synopsis of some
> research, written up in the article at the link below,
> that seems to reinforce one of my observations about FFL,
> and behavior on the Internet in general.
>
> That is, that those posters who have a long-term, *consis-
> tent* tendency to stay up WAY late at night (for "scientific
> purposes" I'll define 'WAY late' not as 'slightly after the
> TM angel train has departed at 10:00 pm' but 'the hours
> after midnight, especially in the 1:00-3:00 am range')
> tend also to make the nastiest, most attack-ridden, and
> narcissistically-impaired posts.
>
> Not to "name names" or anything, but generic individuals
> who strongly resemble, say, former minor cult leaders,
> stay-at-home-correctors-of-other-people's-writing,
> programmers with a history of mental instability, and
> the recently retired often do this. :-)

Admit it, you're talking about me again. I get this funny feeling you stay up
rather late thinking about me as well. Just keep your hands above the covers
when you do, please.

 If you did a little math (I know this is asking a lot, here so get help from
someone if you feel overwhelmed) I live in a time zone that is characterized by
living on the West Coast. I get up at 6am every morning of my life.
Consequently I am pretty much asleep by 10pm every night of my life. It follows
then, that I am not posting to FFL "...WAY late at night...". So strike me off
this inaccurate list of yours since, as usual, you're making things up. (Not
that anyone but you would put a value judgement on what time of day someone
posts. I'm merely pointing out that you're wrong as usual.)

> Whereas others (such as...uh...moi) almost never post after
> midnight any more, unless I've awakened and am waiting for
> my hot chocolate to take effect so I can get back to sleep,
> or have just come in from some rare hot night out.

And this implies what? Posters pre midnight are more handsome, better educated,
have black hair and blue eyes (yum), eat Corn Flakes for breakfast?

> Anyway, it's just a trend that I get to notice, living where
> I do, because when I wake up in the mornings (7:00 am or so),
> some of these "night owls" are still posting from the US, and
> often continue to do so for several hours, or in the case of
> a couple of West Coasters, until noon my time or later.
>
> And I've tended to notice (in my subjective opinion, of
> course, which is nothing *but* opinion) that the later it
> gets their time, the nastier and more malevolent their
> posts tend to get.

No Barry, that's you - you're mixing up what you do with what others actually
write. You are the nasty drunk, the barfly who digs his own writing more and
more as the night wears on and you've got yourself convinced what you are
writing is the most laser accurate and original. You feed off yourself and it
sustains you and makes you feel really, really cool and untouchable.

>I always wondered about that.

You did? And yet all of this is make believe Barry stuff.