Sam Harris Blog:

'Many readers continue to express confusion—even outrage and anguish—over my
position on free will. Some are convinced that my view is self-contradictory.
Others are persuaded of its truth but find the truth upsetting. They say that
if cutting through the illusion of free will undermines hatred, it must
undermine love as well. They worry about a world in which we view ourselves and
other people as robots. I have heard from readers struggling with clinical
depression who find that reading my book Free Will, or my blog articles on the
topic, has only added to their troubles....'

http://www.samharris.org/blog/item/free-will-and-the-reality-of-love?