 From: salyavin808 <fintlewoodle...@mail.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, August 7, 2013 5:58 AM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Brian May excited by these pics!?

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "card" <cardemaister@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "card"  wrote:
> >

> > Doctor of astrophysics, guitarist of Queen, Brian May
> > is said to be interested in these pics by Mr. Metsävainio
> > (metsä-vainio - forest-field):
> >
> > http://astroanarchy.zenfolio.com/
> >

> astro <http://astroanarchy.zenfolio.com/>

Great stuff, it's amazing the sort of picture quality you
can get with modest equipment from your back yard these
days.

I always make a pilgrimage to the Astrophotographer of the
year at Greenwich, the pics there are within a gnats teat of
what you used to only get from a 200" mirror on top of a
volcano in Hawaii. Hard to believe sometimes.

http://www.rmg.co.uk/whats-on/exhibitions/astronomy-photographer-of-the-year/2012-winners/

A telescope, a digital camera and a lot of patience is all you
need. And a fair bit of knowledge about the heavens but that goes
without saying I'm sure.