> Wonderful Maharishi quote, Mike, thanks for posting. Now you got me pondering
> about hearing and listening and what that might have to do with signal and
> noise.

What it has to do, in this context, is that if you don't actually "hear" (take
in, understand) something it becomes a sort of "noise". Share, do you really
need 'answers' to these questions of yours or do you just pull things randomly
out of that hat you have stuck on your head? Are these 'questions' asked
because you actually need an answer or you just want a little attention, no
matter how silly the question? This quote of MMY's is neither profound or hard
to decipher.

 >In fact, if the medium is the message, then is there even signal and noise?!

If a question is asked disingenuously or without thinking first (or pulled out
of a hat) is it just random, nonsensical attention-seeking noise?!