--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Seraphita" <s3raphita@...> wrote:

> Yep, that's funny.
> And if you want to check out the real deal performed by someone who'e
> been belly-dancing since she was 4 years old follow this link:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5_f4u9U1Hc

Beautiful. I'm having trouble imagining a 4-year-old
doing it, though!

Found this at Wikipedia:

"Belly dance is a non-impact, weight-bearing exercise and is thus suitable for
all ages.[28] It is a good exercise for the prevention of osteoporosis in older
people. Many of the moves involve isolations, which improves flexibility of the
torso. Belly dance moves are beneficial to the spine, as the full-body
undulation moves lengthens (decompress) and strengthens the entire column of
spinal and abdominal muscles in a gentle way.

"Dancing with a veil can help build strength in the upper body, arm and
shoulders. Playing the zills trains fingers to work independently and builds
strength. The legs and long muscles of the back are strengthened by hip
movements.[29] Paffrath researched the effect of belly dance on women with
menstruation problems. The subjects reported a more positive approach toward
their menstruation, sexuality, and bodies."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belly_dance