Though I am hardly a biblical scholar, once I began reading the bible as a book
of symbols, relative to the dynamics of consciousness, only then did it make
any sense. To interpret these symbols literally, though, as the fundamentalists
do, causes lots of confusion.

"End of times" or "The end times", wrt consciousness, is the process of
transcending, leading to experiences of GC, revelations of angels, etc.
However, by getting hung up on the names and exact descriptions in that
(hidden) holy text, the modern Christians chase many wild geese, instead.