--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_reply@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <authfriend@> wrote:
> >
> > > He now thinks enlightenment generally is a sort of
> > > cosmic trick furthered by intelligences that do not
> > > have the best interests of human beings at heart.
> >
> > In other words he's raving mad.
>
> As much as I appreciated the fellows sensitivity, graciousness
> and ability to write poetically something obviously went very
> wrong. To me it seemed he was trying to force Maharishi into
> acknowledge his enlightenment, which I personally don't think
> was a very wise thing to do.

That's exactly what he did, but it was back in *1983*, and
he realizes now it wasn't a very wise thing to do. On the
other hand, at the time he had reason to believe that
Maharishi supported him totallly, and he was flabbergasted
and distressed by Maharishi's response to his demand that
Maharishi certify his enlightenment, which was recorded and
played in court when MIU sued him. Again, he's described
all this in his posts.

> Someone here, Dr.D ?, suggested he should have waited for
> awhile, stopped and see how things develop, which would have
> been a wise thing to do. Instead he rushed away proclaiming
> all kinds of stuff to people hungry for someone to talk to.

That's yet another absurd characterization. He didn't "rush
away." He stayed for the rest of the course he was on and
then went home. There was no way he could keep it a secret
that he had become enlightened; Maharishi had asked him to
talk about it to the course participants, and of course the
word got around. The teachers at his local TM center were
understandably eager to learn whatever one of their own who
had "made it" had to say. It was like having access to a
second Maharishi. His experience of Unity consciousness
remained perfectly stable; he had no reason to think he
needed to do anything but continue to act in his
enlightened state.

And besides, as Rory notes and Robin has said here many
times, he was not acting based on his own will; that was
gone.

 It had to crash.