Should you need a place to stay........I have not stayed there, but friends
have stayed at the the Kimberly Hotel in Manhattan.  Reasonable (for NYC) rates
and a top of the building that has spectacular views.  I think you can eat or
have drinks up there.

The Indian food area is at about Lexington Avenue and say 24-28th Streets.  I
doubt you will get anything as good as your local spot.