Sure Share.  Ann was kinda wondering where I disappeared to.  And yes,
with the massive volume of postings it's hard to keep up with things.
Like Ravi, I always tried to read each post, if only briefly, but that's
no longer possible. Looking forward to trip, but don't leave until a
week from tomorrow.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Share Long wrote:

> Steve, thank you so much for this, for these compassionate insights,
for taking the time to reply. As always, it means a lot to me.
Especially given how busy you must be. I bet you're also, along with
Emily and turq, getting ready to travel. Have a great time up north with
your daughter! Plus is everyone gearing up for back to school? Anyway,
Steve, all the best always to you and your family. Share

> ________________________________

to Jim.   But you may have missed  the subtlety and nuance
of it.  I never saw Share suck up to Barry.  You just don't
do that with Barry.Â
> Sure Barry's rant was mean spirited.  It also seemed to
contain a good amount of frustration.  And I think he also totally
missed, what I felt was, Share's deft way of dealing with the
massive amount of criticisms, insults, and non stop personal
attacks leveled against her.
> Martrydom? No.  Wanting attention?  Fraid not.  Just
someone who justifiably defended herself when attacked, and oftenÂ
did so in a gentle (often)Â and light hearted (most always) way that
just so happened to zero in on the issue at hand.  I am sorry that
you aren't able to appreciate it.
> I didn't agree with any of those criticisms or attacks on her,
although I must admit I found them rather humorous, the way theyÂ
kept coming and from every angle.  But what gave me greater
delight was the way in which Share, in every case, dealt with
them.Â
> And now we see Raunchy and others, (Judy of course) laying some
nice traps to bring up all kinds of old (PR) business.  It also
humorous to see Judy, most every week, marvel at how far more overboard
one of her (perceived) enemies has gone.  But this is Judy's strong
suit of course.
> I may drift off to sleep after this.  Wishing you a good nights
sleep as well.
> Â --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Ann" wrote:
> >

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" authfriend@
wrote:

> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, obbajeeba wrote:
> > > (snip)

> > > I think there's more to it than that, but this is certainly
> > > an element. I suspect another aspect is the one Ann pointed
> > > out last night, addressing Barry: "I think you've just
> > > created the first martyr at FFL. Just watch." Prescient.
> > >
> > > In any case, between Barry's treatment of Share (among many
> > > others) and Share's apparent reaction, the psychopathology
> > > is nothing short of spectacular.
> >
> > This is, in one sense, a dream come true for Share. I knew it when I
read that post and I really believe it now. Barry didn't mean to do
anything positive or remotely helpful for Share; he simply couldn't help
himself. He actually reviles Share for a whole slew of reasons. I warned
her, he has been using her from the beginning.

> > But this situation is, as you say, "nothing short of spectacular".
However, Share wants to be martyred so, in some twist of strangeness,
Barry has made her very happy on some level. And her one Knight has not
appeared because he does not want to ruffle Barry's feathers. He is
strangely silent (Steve, where are you?). Ah, the machinations of this
forum, and of human beings in general, is fascinating. Curtis even
dropped by today. If Robin were actually reading any of this he would
have something to say. But in the end, only Share can decide for herself
what serves her best and for what reasons and what it is that needs
feeding.