> As you know, zarzari, Robin himself corrected the post
> around four hours later, after I'd called his attention
> to the four incorrectly attributed quotes from your
> exchange with Barry (#299915).

No, I didn't know. I had been out of town for a few days then. The wrong post,
the wrong attributions are still there, still in place.

> I should probably have
> referred Lawson to the corrected version,

Exactly, that's what you should have done. Then I wouldn't have come back.
People will not read all references. It is what people see, that sticks to
their minds. The wrong attributions will stick, as people see them.

> but since
> the part of Robin's post I wanted him to read didn't
> contain any of the misattributed quotes and didn't have
> anything to do with what you and Barry had been
> discussing, it never occurred to me.

I am aware of that. But this wrong text is still online, will be seen prior to
scrolling, without people checking it out. As you pointed to the post, I have
every right to point out the mistakes.

> > Btw. how reliable would a post be, that contains so many mistakes?
>
> Everybody makes attribution mistakes now and then, you
> included, zarzari.

But these were grave. It was all topsy turvy, all attributions to me were
wrong, he drew his personal conclusions about me from these quotes mainly. He
got everything wrong, and that was only references from the close past, not
even a week ago.

How could his remembrance and interpretation of events in the distant past,
decades away, be accurate or reliable in any sense? From a time in which he was
allegedly delusional?

Your interpretation of Maharishi -through his eyes - cannot be accurate and
reliable.

> Robin was almost exclusively responding to remarks from
> Vaj in that post, and Vaj himself had not been addressing
> anything in your exchange with Barry (in which you were
> speculating about Robin's mental health).
>
> > > He's responding to a post from Vaj.
> > >
> > > You'll need to scroll down a bit, to where Robin writes,
> > > "Maharishi summoned me to Seelisberg..."
>
> If Lawson had scrolled down to that point and read just the
> self-contained section that had to do with what he and I
> were discussing, he would have scrolled right past the first
> three mistakenly attributed quotes and stopped reading before
> the last one. He would have had no reason even to look at
> the misattributed quotes from your exchange with Barry; and
> they could hardly have been less relevant to our discussion
> in any case.

It's not about this discussion. It is that something wrong is there and being
linked to. Period.

> I don't know why you want to call attention to the four
> mistaken attributions when you are explicitly telling folks
> not to look at them, but that's your affair. I seriously
> doubt anyone but Lawson and I went back to look at that post
> in the first place.

Right. It's my affair if I am being misrepresented online to set this straight.
I should not rely on others, Mrs. Corrector to do that for me.

Posts being sent in the past are being looked upon as being more authentic in a
strange way, and they are being pointed to, as if they contain some secret clue
or revelation. But as it turns out, they could just as easily be wrong and
fictitious. And then your whole building of logic will collapse.