--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, iranitea <no_reply@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <authfriend@> wrote:
(snip)
> > He did not [base his opinion of zarzari on that
> > misattributed quote]. He knew you were biased against him
> > *at least* from when you called his integrity in question
> > in this post to me:

> > And that would obviously have been confirmed by what
> > you wrote about him after that, leading up to this:
> >
> > "From the very first reading of RWC I got this impression, and
> > expressed it to somebody here. Whatever I read, hear about the
> > whole case confirms my opinion. According to occam's razor, it
> > is more likely he had a mental disturbance, which is known to
> > have similar symptoms than enlightened states, than a fall
> > from a real enlightened state...." (blahblahblah)

> You don't have to look that up in old posts. I was just
> quoting it more accurately from my own posts to you, right
> in this thread.

?? Your quote is no more accurate than mine.

> I don't call that biased.

I do. So have others.

> The point is: prior to reading him online at FFL, I had no bias.

Duh! Nobody said you did.

> <snip>
> > Of course it can. I don't *know* that it is, but I
> > have no reason to think what Robin said wasn't accurate.
> > Whatever I added of my own is obviously just guesswork,
> > because I have no firsthand knowledge of any of it.
>
> You haven't spend any time in the movement. It is not your
> fault, but, sorry, it shows. You may take this is an
> informative clue, from Maharishi, as quoted by John Cowhig:
>
> "Tell that stupid man, what is his name? that madman who
> thinks he's functioning with Maharishi's secret guidance -
> tell him he is a shame to the movement."

Yes, we've seen that before here. That was *after* Robin
had stirred everything up at MIU and was beginning to
look as though he might pose a real threat to Maharishi's
authority. He had already become a threat to order at
MIU. The issue is Maharishi's failure to sanction him in
any way *up to that point*, which is what Robin was
describing in his post.

That quote from Cowhig was the point, according to the book,
at which Robin decided to sue MIU and force Maharishi to
confirm or deny his enlightenment in open court.

> Regarding Maharishis thinking, that should settle it I think.

I might point out that we have no evidence that Maharishi
actually said what Cowhig quoted him as saying. If Cowhig's
quote is accurate (and was reported accurately), on the
other hand, one might also wonder whether Maharishi had
simply decided he was going to have to throw Robin under
the bus at that point as the quickest way to get rid of
the MIU controversy.

Goodness knows there are plenty of stories, many of them
reported on this very forum, of Maharishi's propensity to
betray people who had for whatever reason become
problematic.