--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley" <j_alexander_stanley@...>
wrote:

> If that were really the case, why have that policy with the
> plain text editor but not the rich text editor?

Indeed. And if you're reading, it's easy enough to copy
a nonclickable link and paste it into your browser's
address bar. Just a little less convenient, but by no
means prohibitive.

Not to mention how easy it is to copy text from Web
sites and paste it into your post.

And of course a lot of what people want to link to
aren't "ideas" from text but images and videos.