From: turquoiseb <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, August 16, 2013 2:47 AM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Salman Rushdie on the cult mindset

He's talking specifically about the Islamic mindset, of course, but he mentions
the sad rise of Hindu supremacy, too. I think it's a broader subject. As he
says, people in our age have come to identify with the *groups* they feel they
"belong to." And all too often, they end up identifying with the things that
these groups *hate* more than they do with the things these groups love.

How often do you see TMers here talking about the things they love in life? On
the other hand, how often do you see them obsessing on their perceived
"enemies?" Just sayin'...

http://www.salon.com/2013/08/15/salman_rushdie_we_live_in_a_culture_of_offendedness/

"Classically, we have defined ourselves by the things we love. By the
place which is our home, by our family, by our friends. But in this age
we're asked to define ourselves by hate. That what defines you is what
pisses you off. And if nothing pisses you off, who are you?"