The Underbelly of FFL
Recently I was in the Big City, I wanted to see again the place where my
family came into the United States; so I took a trip to see Ellis
Island, which unfortunately was closed due to Hurricane Sandy damage,
though I could see it from afar. It was made into a park in 1954.
FFL to me is kind of like seeing New York from a distance at first, big
imposing, beautiful. Ah! FFL is about spirituality!
  [New York Skyline]
But as one approaches closer, one begins to grasp that there is a hustle
and bustle that belies that deceptively serene appearance that one might
have on distant approach.
  [Fifth Avenue, New York City]
Finally one gets close enough, there seems to be a dark current of decay
and corruption as one looks under the surface.
  [Underbelly of New York City]

The Big Apple seems more chewed up down below than I can remember, and
now with posting limits off on FFL, it is more difficult to find the
beauty among the lines here at FFL now that the dark undercurrents have
been given full reign, the untrammeled desire of mere human intrigue and
he said/she said dialogues take to the fore, the mental equivalent of
flapping jaw muscles, the nourishing equivalent of junk food.

Still, there are some gems in here. Before it was like tunneling for
gold. Now it is like strip mining, and sifting through tons of material
to get to some pure shining metal.

In some ways though, this also dilutes the inner corruption. With the
reduced posting, the dark side becomes in some ways more visible, gets
more concentrated, the vile tendencies of human psyches to project their
inner value to the surface for all to see.