At Trader Joe's I once pointed out to a clerk that their "organic" corn
chip dippers are undoubtedly done for them by Lay's.  Why?  For one
thing the packaging is similar and two that many of these major food
manufacturers also do the products for other companies.  That keeps
their food manufacturing up all the time rather than just busy for Lay's
runs.  I think the clerk was a little shocked which told me that Trader
Joe's isn't giving them a little background on how food vendors work.

A few years ago on NPR there was an interview with Paul Newman's
daughter who runs his brand label of foods.  She explained they don't
have their own processing plants and they have companies like Heinz,
Kraft or other food vendors do their products for them.  To have their
own plants would make their stuff really expensive.

Similarly you bring up Lucky's chips and I would bet that the alternate
to Lay's would be Ore-Ida and their plant in Weston, Oregon not that far
from where I grew up (cousin's lived in that town so we visited there).
I seem to recall that Laura Scudder's chips which Lucky's sells are made
there.  I like Lucky's because they have the largest store nearby. Nob
Hill's is closer but is one of their small stores and when I've asked
where a product on sale is they've replied "we're a small store so don't
get all the products listed in the ads".  Lucky's will usually have
every product found in the ads.  Safeway, same deal, a small store up
the street but a huge one north of Sun Valley that was a large Mervyn's
store.  Lucky's of course does not require a card and often has good deals.

I'm not into beer that much to try making it.  My brother tried his hand
at it though.  My dad hated the "Rainier Brewmaster" ads on TV in the
northwest.   Then he learned that Rainier's brewmaster may have been a
relative. :-D

Some  of the best cabernet's in the US are produced where I grew up in
the NW.  There are some damn good merlot's coming from that area too.  I
used to rub it into my California relatives about the award winning
wines from the tiny town 4 miles from where we grew up.  I went to
school with the vintner and the last time I bought a bottle of the
cabernet from one of the wine shops around here it was $48 a bottle!