--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Xenophaneros Anartaxius"
<anartaxius@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <authfriend@> wrote:
>
> > Over the years I've been on this forum, I have gradually ceased to believe
> > that there is a universally applicable scheme for the development of
> > enlightenment, such that if someone doesn't have *this* experience or does
> > have *that* experience, it means they are (or are not) enlightened.
>
> > Some experiences (or lack of same) may be more common than others, but you
> > can't make absolute, across-the-board "rules" that apply to all individuals
> > without exception, any more than you can do it with the experience of
> > falling in love. The uniqueness of first-person ontology remains just that.
>
> > My opinion, anyway.
>
> > [to Dr Dumbass] Not what I meant by "scheme." I meant something like
> > Maharishi's "Seven States of Consciousness"--an outline, format, a
> > schedule, a list of "symptoms."
>
> First-person ontology is the thing that enlightenment gets rid of

I question this and every other statement you've made
in this post that you apply across the board, as opposed
to describing your own experience.

, one ends up with a unity-centric ontology, the basic progression is that the
mind's focus on individuality shifts to universality, and the ego is left
without a job. The ego is why a person fears death. It's a fiction that
conveniently wraps around various processes going on in experience, but it dies
with great difficulty for most.