Well, we aren't in Kansas any more, that's for sure.
Of course, he wasn't insane! He was convicted of murder precisely
because he was held responsible for his actions - and rightly convicted.
Look, the guy was a small-time crook who had the shittiest start in life
possible. Bastard son of a teenage prostitute - and it went downhill
from there. He tried to make the best of the hand he'd been dealt.
I've gotta hand it to the guy - he did have that certain charisma. If
you can't see that then tell me why Atkins, Krenwinkel and Van Houten
were prepared to fry in the chair for him? Sometimes, the creepiest men
can capture the loyalty of people. Remember that Austrian corporal?
Me, I love Sharon Tate. Check out this clip. How anyone could butcher
someone as beautiful as this is beyond me:
http://tinyurl.com/l5ca7e3 <http://tinyurl.com/l5ca7e3>