> > Some of the emails coming in through Thunderbird
> > don't show up until hours later. It takes time to
> > down load with just a 1 mbps Comcast connection
> > using a terminal screen, inside a cubicle down in
> > the basement, especially when you're connected to
> > a wireless access point using wireless g.

Bhairitu:
> Not true. It's just been a little flaky lately.

Flaky? It helps if you get above ground. And driving
around the Bay Area in your car looking for free hot
spots is taking a chance you'll miss something very
important. Hope you get this message.

> Most all the emails come through and only occasionally
> will a few get stuck at the Yahoo mail server.

You don't seem to get it - it's all a matter of speed.
When you're keying in at 100 wpm you want a very fast
response NOW, not an hour or two later.

> Probably most of the good engineers have left Yahoo.

For what?

  <http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/19/tech/web/marissa-mayer-vogue>

> > What you really need is a fast server and your own
> > T-1 line into your house. So, why would you want
> > to do that?
> >
> Get real.

Yeah, get a real business going in your house with a
blade server - no more messing around with the Penguin.