Britain:
TM
A call for an
official enquiry into the aims and methods of the Transcendental Meditation
movements was
made at a public meeting in Wealdstone in May.

Former TM teacher, Hesta Fischberg said Britain was
the only country in which the movement was not the subject of government
investigation.

“Britain
has always been proud of her heritage of freedom and justice,” she told the
meeting, “the last thing we should allow on our soil is this horrible
falsehood.  It is about time someone
started to do something.  The
Maharishi has got10,000of our people under
his control and God knows where they are going to end up.”

The meeting was organized to warn the
public of the “cancer” of TM.  Miss
Fishberg said, “Some people do feel relaxed when they begin to meditate, but as
they become more and more drawn in to the movement they become so ‘relaxed’
that
they can be totally dominated¼.  They say they have achieved peace, but
whose world are they living in where there is peace?”

“What is happening to those people is
quite horrifying,” continued Miss Fischberg, “They deteriorate to a state
in which they can no longer resist.”  In the meantime, MentmoreTowers is open
to the public, its
walls hung with silk and velvet, its grounds about to be built over to provide
more accommodation.  They now sell
silk dresses (made by meditating Chinese in Hong Kong)
through the trade for between £230 and
£390!