I was there, briefly. The last big course I attended. The administration and
assignment of rooms for participants was unprofessional, inefficient, and
highly political - like some third world backwater.

After waiting five hours (5:30 PM to 10:30 PM) at the hotel, for my reserved
and paid for, single room, I was finally given a dorm room on the other side of
town, shared with some guy with a skin infection, who woke me up at 1 AM, to
move in. I left the course the next day.

As for the demonstrators mentioned in this article, they must have phoned it
in, because nobody, including me, saw any of them.