Bhairitu,

One of Obama's options is to NOT attack directly but to supply the rebels with
the needed weapons and ammunitions they need to fight Assad.  He might also
choose a "no fly zone" against Assad's airforce.  That means, the US Air Force
will be involved in enforcing this policy.

This could possibly tip the progress of the war towards the rebel.  At the same
time, the rebel leadership should be able to setup a new government for the
benefit of the Syrian people.

At this time, Obama is still weighing his options and we should find out very
soon what that option will be.