--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rory Goff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
<snip>
[Akasha108 wrote:]
> > > Tom T writes:
> > > No matter how radical that all sounds it is possible to be able
> > > to hold all that in the awake mind.
> >
> > Then it must be possible to be able to
> >  hold all that in the unawake mind too. All Possibilities.

> Right; no real difference between ignorance and enlightenment, or
> between being "asleep" and being "awake" -- though oddly enough, as
> we have seen, only the experientially "awake" appear generally able
> to appreciate this to any visceral extent, while the self-
> diagnosed "unawake" or "not yet awake" often would appear rather
> strenuously engaged in denying their (seemingly) self-
> evident "awake" presence in favor of some not-present (not-here-
> now) idealized criteria.

Or not.  My only criterion, for instance, is not to
be overshadowed.

<snip>
> How can that which is and has always been and will always be self-
> sufficient, self-evident and self-effulgent, ever hide itself from
> itself?
>
> My guess is that we get attached to those very descriptors (or ones
> like them) as "ideas" or "ideals" and use them to *obscure* the
> reality they are intended to *describe* (which can of course appear
> quite horrible, gnarly, and so on as well as stunningly beautiful,
> etc.), and so the projection is underway, and don't we all love a
> good movie!

Take a minute for a little thought experiment, Rory.

Let's say we don't get attached.  Let's say we've
never *been* attached.  Let's say human beans have
always been realized.

How far back would that apply, do you think, given
that human beans--Homo sapiens--didn't emerge full-
blown from the head of Zeus but evolved gradually
from earlier humanoid species?

And then I've got another question or two.