Perhaps the sine qua non of being a professional editor is being particular
about word usage and persnickety about following grammar rules.

________________________________
 From: "authfri...@yahoo.com" <authfri...@yahoo.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2013 10:02 PM
Subject: RE: Re: Re: Re: [FairfieldLife] RE: For Emily - and Bob & Ann

I can see how it would be confusing if you had only encountered the other sense
of the term. "Persnickety" is another synonym, BTW. Ever heard someone say,
"She's very persnickety"?

--- In fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com, <chivukula.ravi@...> wrote:

Thanks dear Judy - I don't ever recall reading or hearing such a usage of
"particular" - that's good to know.

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 7:37 PM, <authfriend@...> wrote:

>"Particular" can mean fastidious, choosy, picky, hard-to-please. Not sure if
>that's what The Wife had in mind, but most likely along those lines. It's a
>legitimate use of the term. The lack of the indefinite article is a sign
>nothing has been left out. Otherwise she'd have said "Jack thinks of himself
>as *a* particular [something]..."
>

>--- In fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com, <chivukula.ravi@...> wrote:
>

>Dear Bob - I knew you would come back with something referring to you as young
>(didn't expect your palmist to figure in it so prominently though LOL).
>

>Anyway no issues with your posts, they all look fine. Yahoo hasn't unleashed
>Neo on me. I was referring to "She said our Jack thinks of
himself as particular rather than introverted" - I was wondering if you missed
anything after particular - oh well.

>So yeah you are good on the Goan.
>

>On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 7:03 PM, <bobpriced@...> wrote:
>

>>Raja Ravi,
>>
>>I assumed since my palmist told me I was a young soul you'd give me a pass on
>>ji; it won't happen again.
>>
>>Neo continues to outperform, I wonder my posts to RD and TB were also cut
>>off? I clicked on the three dots in the LLHC of your post back and my full
>>post to you was there, can you see all of it this time (before I tell you
>>about the Goan):
>>

>> Thanks Raviji, it was a big hit with the wife. She said our Jack thinks of
himself as particular rather than introverted, but #8 captures his
Saturday morning posting efforts to the FFL.