I'll have to disagree with you on this because I've been enjoying the series. I don't think you get a good sense of it just off the first episode. Now to be fair I haven't watched the Danish version because the asshats do this thing when they get the right to keep it blocked in the US. By now it would have made total sense to have the Danish version version of "The Killing" on Netflix WI but noooo.... "gotta keep 'mericans from seeing the original and besides it's got subtitles!" I can't image how HBO can improve on the UK series "Utopia" and I bet it won't be displayed on the action canvas of scope.