On 9/2/2013 8:05 AM, dhamiltony...@yahoo.com wrote:

Yeah, is interesting the dearth of spirituality in the pop yoga studio movement.

That's probably not a bad sign - the last thing most people
want is to join a religious cult in order to practice a few
stretching exercises.

When I was living in California I took yoga lessons at Bikram
and Iyengar studios, and since then I've participated in yoga
events at the YMCA for years.

There's enough spirituality in just being healthy that you don't
seem to need very much religious intellectual understanding.

Theos Bernard demonstrating yoga poses:
http://www.rwilliams.us/quest/yoga/

My wife has traveled quite a lot the last several years as a speaker at yoga studios ministering about spirituality. The people there read books [seems everyone read Autobiography of a Yogi and other books] and sense there is a lot more about spirituality than just doing yoga, so by word of mouth she gets brought in to talk about spirituality to groups that are looking in a trending modern world.

-Buck down on the farm, Labor Day morning

--- In fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com, <noozguru@...> wrote:

I didn't know there was a National Yoga Month.

http://yogahealthfoundation.org/yoga_month

So what kind of mantras do they use in "National Yoga"?:-D