Dear All,

My wife Rhoda has edited a volume of Maharishi's talks on literature and
language, which are the first transcripts available of talks of this kind.
The volume is called The Flow of Consciousness and is available from
<http://www.mumpress.com> www.mumpress.com.

Now she has made three 14 minute videos, speaking about a few of Maharishi's
main points on consciousness and literature illustrated with some beautiful
poetry. These talks are introductory in nature but will appeal to advanced
meditators as well. They are now on YouTube under her name "Rhoda
Orme-Johnson" and the links are given below.

I think you will enjoy watching them, and, when she reads quotations by
Maharishi, she has some wonderful pictures of him speaking, and one of them
is a painting that I did.

 <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h_ImyuClhU> Literature and Consciousness,
Part I: The Creative Process (Rhoda Orme-Johnson, Ph.D.)

 "What is a poem? Some say it is writing that doesn't reach to the end of
the page. Not so funny, actually because those empty spaces, those silences
on the page, affect the consciousness of the reader." Dr. Rhoda Orme-Johnson
discusses the process of creating poetry from deep within our own inner
silence. She quotes from several poets -- including A R Ammons and William
Wordsworth -- and from Maharishi's talks on literature and the creative
process, which she has transcribed into the book The Flow of Consciousness.

 <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwYdFAhLkW4> Literature and Consciousness,
Part II: Seven States of Consciousness (Rhoda Orme-Johnson, Ph.D.)

 "What if our enjoyment, appreciation, and understanding of literature could
be heightened?" Dr. Rhoda Orme-Johnson discusses the seven states of
consciousness, as described by poets and explained by Maharishi. She quotes
from several authors -- including William Wordsworth, Henry David Thoreau,
Mary Oliver, Juan Ramon Jimenez, and Kenneth Rexroth -- and from Maharishi's
talks on literature and the creative process, which she has transcribed into
the book The Flow of Consciousness.

 <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C38EwzjXsKU> Literature and Consciousness,
Part III: Swings of Awareness (Rhoda Orme-Johnson, Ph.D.)

"What is literature, actually? How do we define it?" Dr. Rhoda Orme-Johnson
discusses the effect that great writing has on our awareness, on our
consciousness. She quotes from several poets -- including Kabir, James
Wright, and Emily Dickinson -- and from Maharishi's talks on literature and
the creative process, which she has transcribed into the book The Flow of
Consciousness.

There is also a blog post on the book:
<http://theuncarvedblog.com/2010/11/03/the-flow-of-consciousness-maharishi-m
ahesh-yogi-on-literature-and-language/?preview=true&preview_id=6072&preview_
nonce=9cd3840be0> The Flow of Consciousness: Maharishi Mahesh Yogi on
Literature and Language.

All the best,

David

David W. Orme-Johnson, PhD

---------------------------------

>From October to April

191 Dalton Dr., Santa Rosa Beach, Florida 32459

>From May to September

1100 University Manor Dr., # 15B, Fairfield, Iowa, 52556

(850) 231-2866 (Home)

(850) 830-5847 (Mobile)

Skype: davidoj108

 <mailto:davi...@earthlink.net> davi...@earthlink.net