Lovely quote on the color "blue", Mosquito.  Are you going for inadvertent
irony again with the phrase "it really helps to get your facts straight..." ?

________________________________
 From: turquoiseb <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, September 4, 2013 3:04 AM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Sacre Bleu

Just as a followup, the roach's claim that the blue
in question as sacré bleu (the sacred blue) is "cobalt
blue" is completely incorrect. Cobalt blue was made
from cobalt sulfinate, was used primarily in ceramics
and glassware, and was cheap. It was occasionally used
as a paint pigment by poor painters, as a replacement
for true ultramarine.

The sacré blue (ultramarine) was made from lapis
lazuli, at the time available only in Afghanistan, and
this rather scarce. It was more expensive than gold.
There are at least two Michaelangelo paintings that
were left unfinished because he (or his patron) could
not afford the sacré bleu necessary to finish them.
That is the color Chris wrote his novel about.

It's just a little detail, but I thought I'd throw it
out as a warning to those who try to turn everything
into an ego-battle to prove how smart they are, and
how stupid the people they don't like are. If you're
lame enough to waste your life doing petty shit like
that, it really helps to get your facts straight
*when* doing it. Just sayin'...

"How do you know, when you think blue--when you say
blue--that you are talking about the same blue as
anyone else?
You cannot get a grip on blue.
Blue is the sky, the sea, a god's eye, a devil's
tail, a birth, a strangulation, a virgin's cloak,
a monkey's ass. It's a butterfly, a bird, a spicy
joke, the saddest song, the brightest day.
Blue is sly, slick, it slides into the room sideways,
a slippery trickster.
This is a story about the color blue, and like blue,
there's nothing true about it. Blue is beauty, not
truth. "True Blue" is a ruse, a rhyme; it's there,
then it's not. Blue is a deeply sneaky color.
Even deep blue is shallow.
Blue is glory and power, a wave, a particle, a
vibration, a resonance, a spirit, a passion, a
memory, a vanity, a metaphor, a dream.
Blue is a simile.
Blue, she is like a woman."
- Christopher Moore, from Sacré Bleu: A Comedy d'Art