Alex:
> Bandwidth is only an issue for the very few who still
> connect to the Internet over dial-up.

Maybe so, but all data sits on hard drives in computers,
somewhere - there is no data on a real cloud.

> Any of the images that get posted on here consume far more
> bandwidth than the longest block of unsnipped text. There
> may be reasons for snipping posts, but bandwidth is not
> one of them.

My guess is that the images on FFL take up only a few
megabytes, since there's not that any of them. In the old
days, all the data on alt.m.t. used to fit on one single
gigabyte drive- it's probably several terabytes by now.

Snipping is a way to limit redundant data storage for
fast and easy search retrieval.

We just don't need four copies of a single long post when
the only comment was a three word test and a 'not' test.

That's what I'm saying.