iranitea, I think we all, to a certain degree, like our opinions of others to
be reconfirmed. It makes us feel safe to have an explanation because then we
think we understand and can predict. See! I just did that too (-:

________________________________
 From: iranitea <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, September 7, 2013 7:37 AM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] RE: Life On Ice Cream Island

 "If you're *completely* "in the present," how would you
remember that you like chocolate but don't like tutti-
frutti? When the guy asks you whether you want it in a
dish or on a cone, how would you know what those options
represent?  :-)"

Yes, and how would they know, who is their arch-enemy, the one who's always
saying bad stuff? How could they act in a stereotype reactive way each time
this comes up? Why would they *RE-ACT* at all? How would they know that it has
already been posted 6 times before, obviously keeping a count, and even on AMT?
Are they just waiting for it? I think yes. I think, some people are reading
your posts backward. They start at the last paragraph, then go to the next,
until they find what they perceive to be negative. Then they are happy, 1) they
found something to react to, and 2) their opinions about you (and all of your
friends) are re-confirmed.

--- In fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com, <no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Iranitea opines:

>> ...if Barry is allowed to report only what's going on
>> in the present moment, he would have to  write, 'I'm
>> typing, I'm typing'... This is typical Neo-Advaita BS
>> to think you couldn't have memories. In fact the
>> memories are in the present moment..even brain
>> researchers will tell you, that whatever experience
>> you remember, it is being recreated in the brain,
>> just quite similar to what it was at the time. If you
>> always stay in the present, you can't even work, just
>> imagine you are an accountant.
>
>Not to mention how you're going to select which flavor
of ice cream you want at Berthillon. The list contains
something like 50 flavors, including standards like
vanilla and chocolate, but also including more rare
concoctions like ice creams made from flowers -- violet,
lavender, etc.