Bikers vs Muslims sounds like one of those z-movie horror films. Happening today in Washington DC:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/sep/11/2-million-bikers-roar-dc-honor-911-protest-muslim-/

On 09/11/2013 12:37 PM, s3raph...@yahoo.com wrote:

"The better of two evils" you mean. For the Christians definitely the better. Assad is himself from a minority group in Syria so it's in his interests to maintain freedom of religion (not freedom of political expression, obviously). He's an Alawite, a mystical sect so secretive no one outside the faith is sure what they believe! Along with Islamic festivals, they also seem to celebrate Christian festivals, including the birth of Jesus and Palm Sunday.

It's a shitty choice though: do you cast in your lot with heart-eating, Catholic priest murdering Al Qaeda rebels or would you prefer someone who uses chemical weapons on his own civilians?

This whole Middle East nightmare is a consequence of the British and French carving up the Ottoman Empire after WWI. Maybe the best solution would be to give Syria back to the Turks!

--- In fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com, <sharelong60@...> wrote:

Thanks, Seraphita, this is the missing piece of the puzzle for me. If Assad TRULY supports religious freedom, then I support him. Or for the Christians is he simply the worse of two evils?

*From:* "s3raphita@..." <s3raphita@...>
*To:* FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
*Sent:* Wednesday, September 11, 2013 2:21 PM
*Subject:* [FairfieldLife] RE: Fasting for Peace

Spaghetti and meatballs is almost as delicious as pizza. But is peace worth having at ALL costs, I wonder? Doesn't that depend on whose terms the peace is established? The Christians in Syria are supporting Assad as they've seen what happened to their co-religionists in Iraq. If the secular government is overthrown, they will be targeted by jihadist rebels calling for the establishment of an Islamic state and their Christian communities (possibly the oldest in the world - they even speak Aramaic!) will be destroyed.

    --- In fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com, <jr_esq@...> wrote:

     Seraphita,

    As a matter of fact, I had a delicious spaghetti and meatballs
    meal after the fast.  And, overall I still lost a few pounds of
    weight.  So, it was a win-win situation.

    If Pope Francis ask for another fast for other reasons, I'll do it
    again.  It appears that he's starting a Pope Francis Effect.  And
    you don't have to be a pandit to do it.