turquoiseb:
> There is a saying that appears in many, if not most,
> spiritual trips I've investigated or been part of.

There's no 'spiritual' trip that I know of that makes
this claim. In fact, it's the exact opposite of what
the Zen Master Rama said!

Go figure.

It's certainly not one of MMY's sayings because MMY
believed in karma - that you are what you are due to
being bound by your past actions.

All the six systems of Indian philosophy and Buddhism
agree with this.

You can't go back and change the past. If you could
do that, you'd be a Super Man - you could become God
Shiva.

> It is, "What you focus on, you become."

You're not even making any sense. If you had free-will
why would you need to focus on anything? If you were
free, you could be anything you want to be - you could
cause change at will.

But, we know this is impossible - you can't leap tall
building even if you want to, even if you focus on
doing so for a thousand years.

All things fall down is the law, without exception;
even Rama fell back down after his levitating event.

LoL!