It'll never happen D., Marshy himself made it an elitist movement for
millionaires and billionaires.

________________________________
 From: "dhamiltony...@yahoo.com" <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, September 14, 2013 8:03 AM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] RE: RE: Spiritual Practice

 Yeah, a country-club drunk.  Doc, great retort to the TM Raja elite who
posture on keeping the cost of learning TM above the working class just hoping
to catch that person who will pay the full upper-class price just because that
is what Maharishi wanted.  It is time for the Boards of Trustees to get real
and once again foster a mass movement of meditators.  Go back to a day's
working wages scale.   Drop that mantra that people will not value it unless
they pay a lot for it.  The rich people advocating that inside TM have killed
the movement for meditation.  I can still hear Dimick and Norton saying that
line to Maharishi sand-bagging the movement.  Those guys killed it and they
aren't even around meditating in the Domes anymore.  They gone to the mountains
for themselves.  It is time for change within.  Go back to a day's wage scale
or a week's.  Git it back to a working scale for the average retail worker
raising a family.
-Buck in the Dome

http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2013/09/13/222063196/jobs-debt-and-home-prices-since-the-crisis-in-four-charts

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 You sound like a mean drunk.

--- In fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com, <LEnglish5@...> wrote:

Well, what is "at cost?"

TM costs $1500 max per person. The DLF teaches it for free. The scale ranges
somewhere in between that for most people, and given that I've been doing TM
for 40 years and been checked dozens of times over the years, I'd say that what
*I* paid (about $35 in 1973) was certainly worth it.

Is it worth $1500 to the average person? If they practice it for 50 years and
get checked once per year, that's $30 per checking session. Is that worth it or
not?

And if they pay half that, than it's $15 per checking session.

Etc.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

When I leant TM I was in my "hippy phase", so out of work - ie, dropping out -
ie, deliberately, consciously, voluntarily out of work. I can't recall now how
much it cost me but it must have been the equivalent of $30 at the most - along
with a white handkerchief and some fruit bought from a market stall. It is
without doubt the best $30 I ever spent and I'm grateful for the TMO to have
given me that opportunity to learn the technique so cheaply. Apparently,
Maharishi was afraid that those who learned TM for free or on the cheap would
not appreciate the value of his teaching and would reason that "free =
valueless" and give up after a short while. I'm obviously one of the exceptions
that proves the rule as I'm still meditating today. I wish the Movement still
offered to teach TM at "cost" to encourage others like myself to take up the
practice.

I think greed - and snobbery - spoilt the original idealism that attracted so
many to Maharishi's message.