> The latest shooter liked to meditate

So, now Buck is being compared to the Navy Yard shooter?

On 9/17/2013 1:23 PM, s3raph...@yahoo.com wrote:

Buck is being playful. Does anyone really imagine that the following quote could be lifted from the New Testament? “Where two or three are gathered in effective transcending meditation there the Unified Field will be found multiplied in effect”.

And, as happens, as an interpretation of what the New Testament writer was getting at, Buck's is an arguable (loose) interpretation. "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." Matthew 18:20

"in effective transcending meditation"= "together in my name". . . What are the Christians doing together in his name if not praying, ie, meditating? Matthew isn't talking about singing third-rate hymns.

"the Unified Field will be found multiplied in effect"= "am I in the midst of them". . . The "I" here does not refer to Jesus, a particular first-century rabbi, but to Christ Consciousness, ie, the One Self, ie, the Unified Field.

Perhaps Buck should do a complete translation of the Bible . . .

PS: re"really needs to come to FF and see what a real bliss ninny is like!": if we could go back in a time machine to AD 50 it would be funny if all the early Christians we met were in bliss ninny mode.

--- In fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com, <sharelong60@...> wrote:

Exactly Jason! Buck was simply being playful. It's clear to me he wasn't lying because it was not his intention to deceive. Nor was he blaspheming as Xeno suggested. Maybe Xeno was being playful too? Anyway, Buck wasn't even being a bliss ninny. If anybody thinks somebody on FFL is a bliss ninny, that anybody really needs to come to FF and see what a real bliss ninny is like! I stand with Buck and Col Leed. Sgt. Share