--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Michael Jackson  wrote:

> Well, I wasn't there - but from what I have heard of the heavy
unstressing on many courses, it doesn't sound like there was an
effective means or program in place to assist those who were going
through stuff. If there was I would like to know that and to know what
things were put into place to assist people going through the
unstressing. Such a thing would make me think more highly of the
Movement than I do now.

I was on quite a few courses on which participants suffered from
"heavy unstressing." ALL of the most severe cases I saw occur
were dealt with using the same "NOPA solution."

That is, if none of the standard repeated cliches helped to resolve
the problem, the person suffering from the "heavy unstressing"
was sent home, and everyone wiped their hands and said "Not
Our Problem Anymore."

> ________________________________

course.  The first one actually, where the experimentation was
rampant.  Enemas, diet control, (or at least many theories to
consider).  Rick was on that course too.  I guess for Mitch, it
wasn't his cup of tea, so he left.  I think he may have been on a
later course.  Or at least I don't remember him on my course.
> But I thoroughly enjoyed it, and felt I gained much from it.  I
think what Jim is saying, (and really, I just skimmed it), is that if
there is such thing as a spiritual path, and you choose to be on it,
that as you move along that path, and you will have to clear
away any wreckage.Â
> Now probably, many times you may progress a certain amount, and then
decide to take a break.  And of course, so what if you do.Â
> I don't know what on with Mitch, other than he felt he got all he
could from the program and then moved on -Â  either with prejudice or
without prejudice.
> I think that's what Jim is saying.  But at some point, if you
decide to take up the path again, in a more focused way, then you may
well have to engage in some heavy lifting again.
> P.S. My favorite part of that course was the hours of reading the
Upanishads.  More interesting (and enjoyable) than the Rig Veda
readings.Â
> P.S.S.  The food was...............excellent!!

was just wanting what Marshy promised and to see if the sidhis was the
real deal, if M could really teach anyone to fly. Obviously he couldn't
teach anyone to fly, and Kapor was not looking to get screwed up from
the rounding. I will leave it to those who did the six months courses to
comment on the experiment comment Kapor made. I have heard of heavy
unstressing, but not the enemas and Hindu food combining rituals, not
that early in the Movement history anyway. I have a hell of a lot more
admiration and respect for Kapor for getting himself out and making
something substantive of his life as opposed to asses like Russel Brand
and Howard Stern.

are the ones that put all their eggs in that one basket, expecting
Easter, and candy treats from then on. It's a technique, people, not
some panacea for life itself. It doesn't stop the hard work being done,
or the sometimes uncomfortable looking at ourselves in the mirror. WTF
did you expect? No free lunch on this planet, no matter who you are, or
what you do.

> Absolutely Doc. I have been wanting to say this for a long time now
and you just did - perfectly. If someone is let down, disappointed, left
feeling cheated or bereft then look to yourselves, people. There is no
magic pill for happiness, fulfillment or anything else and if you think
MMY indicated this then you read it all wrong. Great things come with
great effort. Period. You have to spend years, sweat buckets, will
yourself silly and desire it with everything you've got. And this is
just the start. Anything that comes too easily is either not worth it or
will not be appreciated for what it truly is. People need to stop
whining, take responsibility for being naive. You should have doubted
MMY if you felt he indicated heaven would be yours by merely closing
your eyes twice a day for 20 mins. It could never be so and if you
believed it you have only yourself to blame.Â

> >--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com
wrote:

> >Mitchell Kapor, Founder of Lotus Software on TM
> >

> >Tricycle: It seems that the material you’ve been involved with
has
> addressed internal and external freedom and an entrenched wariness of
> authoritarian rule. Is this perspective influenced or affirmed by your
> experience with the Maharishi? [His full name is Maharishi Mahesh
Yogi.]

> >Kapor: My dislike for authoritarian structures goes back as far as I
> can remember in my childhood. If I could remember past lives,
I’m sure
> my memories would extend there too. But my experiences in
Transcendental Meditation ultimately really deepened my commitment to
> anti-authoritarianism.
> >

> >Tricycle: How did you get involved in TM?
> >

> >Kapor: Well, my experience was typical for my generation. I had
> gotten to college in the 60′s and started experimenting with
marijuana
> and psychedelics, fairly heavily. I had some distressing experiences
> with LSD. Bad trips. So I stopped doing drugs and then started getting
> acid flashbacks. I decided to give meditation a serious try to see if
> that could have some calming effect. I got hooked in to TM and
> eventually made the decision to go through advanced training to become
> an initiator, an instructor.
> >

> >Tricycle: How long did you stay involved with TM?
> >

> >Kapor: I was involved for seven years. It all ultimately came to a
> head in 1976. The movement went into a new phase and Maharishi started
> talking about siddhis, powers, and techniques for doing levitation and
> other things. This created so much cognitive dissonance in me that I
> didn’t know what to do. I had to find out if it was real or
not, and I
> wanted to believe that it was real, but something in me said that it
> couldn’t possibly be real. People weren’t really going
to levitate. So I went to Switzerland for the sixth-month course on
"powers."

> >I went and I fell apart. They were using us as experimental subjects.
There was
> fasting involved and various austerities that come out of Hindu
> traditions, enemas and various bizarre food combining rituals. A lot
of
> madness got released.
> >

> >After five months of this I said whatever problems I might or might
not have, TM is not making them better, it is making