--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@...> wrote:

> On 09/19/2013 09:38 AM, punditster wrote:
> >
> > Bhairitu:
> > > I also thought it was crazy that they tested people
> > > for the checking notes and puja memorization when
> > > rounds were at the high point...
> > >
> > When on a meditation course to become TM teachers I
> > would think that as prospective teachers you'd be
> > checked every day at least.
>
> To attend TTC you had to have passed the checking notes.
> By the time I went to TTC I had checked over 200 people.
> This wasn't the attendee getting checked, Richard. It
> was testing you for the notes.

While I agree with your earlier point: "What were
they *thinking* having people both learn and be
tested on the checking notes while doing 6-8
rounds per day?," I have to correct you. On *later*
course you might have been required to learn the
checking notes before you attended the course. But
on earlier courses (e.g., mine, Mallorca-Fiuggi '72)
you had to both learn and be tested on the checking
notes while doing this much meditation per day.