> Interesting POV. I think people communicate to connect
> with others. Sometimes the connection doesn't happen
> and that can feel sad. But what would really be sad
> IMHO is to stop trying to connect.

I'm commenting on those who seem to have a *need* to
"connect," which in my experience often reveals an
inability to just be themselves, sitting with them-
selves. They're constantly either trying to "connect,"
via phone, or text, or the Internet, or trying to
distract themselves from their lives with some form
of electronic entertainment.

I guess I'm saying that the FFL posters I have the
most respect for are people like salyavin and meru,
who only contribute when they have something *to*
contribute. They don't post looking for attention,
as if they're terrified that their egos/selves will
dry up and blow away if they aren't constantly
responded to.

As a general rule on the Internet, those who post
the most have the least to say. I see no reason to
exempt FFL from that general rule.